Wednesday, August 25, 2010

growth

I have been serving the company I work for, for more than 5 years now.  Not that I am complaining, but in our department, we have very little opportunity for growth and for more than 3 years now, I have been doing the same task repeatedly. Heck, I think I can even perform my tasks well even with my eyes closed. I needed change. I needed growth.
With the desire for growth and better opportunities, I came across a job opening that was pretty much inline with what I am currently doing now, but, with a much higher demand for excellence. The job requires the applicant to supervise a team.
So geared with enthusiasm, high hopes, some technical background that would fit the job, I went ahead and submitted my application online.
 And with some great help from above, I was screened for an interview which eventually happened yesterday.
How did it go? Not too smoothly, but not too drastic as well. I hit some major points that the interviewee was looking for. Pretty much explained to her my work experience and gave her a sense of security that I know what I am doing and that I can be competent enough to perform the tasks that was required by the job.
I am now scheduled for a panel interview, at least 2 hours from now. With God’s help, hopefully, I’ll do good.

No comments: