Sunday, October 04, 2009

the place where i grew up

This is the Zamboanga City Hall. This is how it looks like at night. Although we hear news about the dangers living in this city, for someone who grew up in this place like me, I would say the news are just sometimes over exaggerated.
The city, up to now is composed of multiple types of ethnicity. Although majority still comprises of Christian and Muslim community, we also have individuals belonging to different groups. The likes of Yakan, Badjaos, Bisaya are only some of the few.
I have not been living in Zamboanga for nearly 5 years now but I still constantly come back to my home town. I go home at an average of 4 times a year; I guess that would be every quarter of a year. Every time I go home I make sure that I dine out with my college friends and try out the newest restaurant in town and chill out at the newest coffee house in town. This has been my usual routine every time I go home.
Not much has changed since the time I left the place and work somewhere else. I guess development is not that rampant in Zamboanga. I do not take that as a bad sign though. Zamboanga is not that big in terms of its population, so I guess slow development and growth is much likely to be expected. Still, this place will always be my hometown.


No comments: