Thursday, December 10, 2009

sunrise at 10000 feet in the sky

10000 feet in sky, on an airplane bound for Manila. Before my flight I thought all I would do was sleep in the entire flight. My friend did mention that I should take a picture of the sunrise. I said to myself, our flight is like 5 in the morning, if we did catch the sun, I will probably have a hard taking a descent shot due to some technical constraints. So I tried to sleep during the whole duration of the flight which should last for around an hour or so. Then I woke up halfway through the flight due to some turbulence, as I gaze to window 2 seats away from me, all I can see was the dark blue sky starting to show some warmth due to sun nearly rising. If I was on the ground, then I would already be seeing the sunrise. But since I was 10000 feet in the sky, then my sun has not risen yet. And from a photographer’s perspective, this is the best time to capture the sunrise.
Carelessly, I woke up my colleague sitting beside me. “We need to change seats dude, look at the sky, the sun is about to rise. I gotta take a picture of this.”, I said. Still half asleep, my friend moved away from his seat and let me have his seat. I’m not a professional photographer, so it took me a while before I came up with the shoot that I would say, suits me just right.
After taking the beautiful scene, I stopped and think for a while and said to myself,” Where will all this be if we don’t start taking care of our environment?” It’s a good thing we are starting to become more conscious of environment today. It may be a little too late, but it’s never too late.

Life Through My Lens. My Photo Journal


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I really like the photo you posted up. It is so beautiful, the colors! It makes me happy to see more people becoming environmentally conscious too. Nothing lasts forever, but there is nothing wrong with doing our part.