Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Fort San Pedro – Cebu

As history has it, Fort San Pedro is a military defense structure built by the Spanish and local indigenous Cebuano led by Spanish conquistador, Miguel Lopez de Legazpi. It is formerly known as Fuerza de San Pedro which is located in the area now locally known as Plaza Indepedencia , in the Pier Area of Cebu City, Philippines. Now it serves as a tourist spot, and a good photo shoot opportunity for an enthusiast like me.

Fort San Pedro was our second stop to our photo walk session with the rest of the IPC group, a local photography enthusiast group. We started out with some landscape shoots of the Fort and the surroundings. After taking landscapes shots, we decided to take this opportunity to try out some portrait shots. It so happened that one of our colleague was bringing along his sister, so right there and then she immediately became our model. While the rest of the guys are still trying out portrait shots, I walked around and came across this nice view of the Fort. So I went ahead and took a shot it. I was pretty contended with my shot, that is, until I got home and saw the picture on my monitor. That is when I realized; the picture is burnt or over exposed.

I wanted to save the picture, since I thought it had a good composition. So I went ahead and made some research online. That is when I came across HDR, or more widely known as HDR, or more widely known as High Dynamic Range imaging. After some tinkering with different software and so many trials and errors, this is the best that I can come up with. Not that perfect, but good enough. My own HDR version of Fort San Pedro.

Life Through My Lens. My Photo Journal


No comments: