Tuesday, July 27, 2010

StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty


StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty is officially out. The best strategy game there is. I was a big fan of the first Starcraft game. I literally grew up with it. Sleepless nights spent playing the game at home and at a computer shop. Countless hours spent battling it out with my friends playing against each other  in multiplayer mode. And proud as I am, I reached the semi finals of a computer shops Starcraft competition game. I was good then. But then they became better. I was already in college then I had to rethink my priorities since I was starting to fail in my exams.  So I guess that means lesser time with Starcraft and more time with school stuff.  But that did not stop me from loving the game. I never grew tired of game even up to now, I still have the game installed in my desktop. I love it and will always do, and it will always be part of my unforgettable college life.  And now that the second installment is out, I am pretty sure I am going to love the game just the same.  For those not really familiar with Starcraft II, here a little overview of what the game is all about.


StarCraft II is split into three parts: the base game with the subtitle Wings of Liberty, and two expansion packs, Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void. Set in the 26th century in a distant part of the Milky Way galaxy, the game is built around three species: the Terrans, human exiles from Earth; the Zerg, a race of insectoid genetic assimilators; and the Protoss, a species with vast psionic power. Wings of Liberty focuses on the Terrans specifically, while the expansions Heart of the Swarm and Legacy of the Void will focus on the Zerg and Protoss, respectively. The game is set four years after the events of Starcraft: Brood War, and follow the exploits of Jim Raynor as he leads an insurgent group against the autocratic Terran Dominion. The game includes old and new characters and locations from the original game.

No comments: